We need your help!
We would like more LAP mentors to support our students.
What is LAP?
LAP is a student-centred and volunteer-based mentoring programme designed to assist schools to implement one-to-one learning that supports, guides and enriches the wellbeing and learning outcomes of their students from Reception–Year 7.
It focuses on the wellbeing, academic, social and emotional needs of students through the powerful and positive contribution of mentors.
LAP assists schools to:
- Develop positive relationships between students/mentors in a safe, one-to-one environment
- Build confidence and self-esteem in students
- Support the successful learning of students
- Promote, encourage and value parent/caregiver and community commitment and participation
- Foster and strengthen parent/caregiver and teacher relationships to benefit students
- Create a genuine, supportive and positive school community
Enabling our students to develop resilience and wellbeing through positive mentoring.
Would you like to be part of this wonderful program?
Then become a LAP mentor! All you need is commitment; a spare 45 minutes per week and of course your DCSI screening (police clearance) and RAN training (on line course).
If you are interested come and talk to Lisa Conroy.